Daihatsu Japonya'ya mektup

Daihatsu'dan Güncel Haberler (Bu bölüm Daihatsu ile ilgili haberler içindir. Modeller ile ilgili haberler için, ilgili modelin kendi sayfasının kullanılması rica olunur)

Daihatsu Japonya'ya mektup

Mesajgönderen Spica » 29 Ara 2010, 18:27

Arkadaşlar Daihatsu Japonya'ya (merkeze) aşağıdaki gibi bir mektup yazdım, halkla ilişkiler departmanına faksladım ayrıca Koichi Ina San'a da e-mail attım herhangi bir cevap gelirse bilgi vereceğim:

Dear All;

I’m just a customer writing from Istanbul, Turkey as a passionately in love with Daihatsu brand. I have also 2007 model A/T Sporty Sirion and I’m really satisfied with the performance and quality of my Daihatsu car. Me and my wife also target to have another Daihatsu (maybe Materia) in the future.

However me, generally speaking we, as Daihatsu fans in Turkey unfortunately worry about the future of Daihatsu brand in Turkey. Due to the fact that Japanese Yen gets stonger year by year, it becomes more difficult to export Japanese goods, this is understood well and since this is a macroeconomical issue, there is nothing much to do about it but we think that there are also other major problems for Daihatsu Turkey not less important than overvalued JPY - price pressure on Japanese goods. Monitoring Turkish market closely, I will try to summarize the problems and my comments from the core of market:

1 – Daihatsu sales are too low in Turkey:

Comment: As an emerging market having young population and grows rapidly, the automotive industry is also expected to be dynamic and confirming the expectations; number of cars sold in Turkey break records every year. In this fruitful environment; comparing with other brands, Daihatsu sales even nothing in Turkey! We are all sure about the quality of Daihatsu cars. Then you have to examine the reasons underlying the insufficient Daihatsu sales in Turkey, such as unawareness of people about Daihatsu, sales & aftersales problems, mismanagement etc.

2 – People don’t know so much about Daihatsu brand in Turkey:

Comment: When asking an ordinary Turkish “what is Daihatsu?”, a few of them will answer as “it is a car brand” and when asking them “what is the origin of Daihatsu?” a few of them will answer as “Japan”. I’m talking about a market in which almost every people can quickly count at least 10 car brands in a few seconds. It is a real pity Daihatsu are not counted within them! The total number of TV and published & internet advertisements of Daihatsu in Turkey are very few; maybe less then a local supermarket. Advertisements should be promoted.

Another issue about Daihatsu perception in Turkey is directly about “its Japanese label”. There is a famous word in Turkish: “Japan made it”. This means if Japan produces a good, you can feel secure about everything of it. “Made in Japan” irrevocably and totally equals to the word of “quality” in Turkey. However, people don’t know Daihatsu come from Japan. In my opinion; Daihatsu is not able to put it Japanese origin to use good enough in Turkish market. Daihatsu perception in Turkish customer is about Far Eastern but surprisingly Korean rather than Japanese! The linkage between Daihatsu and Toyota also should be emphasized more. Let me state you the Turkish reality; if Daihatsu is served for sales and aftersales to Turkish market with Toyota channel, Daihatsu will strengthen incredibly and the number of Daihatsu cars sold in Turkey will sharply increase without any fall in the number of Toyota cars! Please study the solidarity of Renault & Dacia and the boom of Dacia cars in Turkey example very carefully. If nothing changes about the Turkish market strategy of Daihatsu and times go; this will be maybe the measure of the last resort to keep Daihatsu alive in Turkey in a few years. This is just forecast.

3 – There is only one model, namely “Terios” that you can buy from Turkish Daihatsu dealer by the time:

Comment: Daihatsu Turkey has imported less model every passing year and finally Terios stands as the only model you can buy now in Turkey. If Daihatsu would like to survive and grow in Turkey, it must take into consideration very closely and very carefully of the direct and indirect harmful effects of decrease in its product range. Diminishing number of models Daihatsu supplies for Turkish market seriously undermine the brand from the many point of views; brand value, second hand value, dealer & service quality etc. Another way to say; leaving the brand dead in Turkey.

Let me give you an example; there is a Turkish forum www.daihatsuaskina.com (means “for the love of Daihatsu”), people share information and discuss about Daihatsu on this website, it is the greatest Turkish platform and source of information for Daihatsu. Unfortunately, I have learnt today that the founder of this forum has undesirably and regrettably bought Fiat Fiorino 3 days ago just because there is no Daihatsu car except Terios in Turkey and it is also nearly impossible to find second hand since the market for Daihatsu is not deep enough.

Export of even every model of Daihatsu to Turkey should be promoted, because demand in Turkey and quality of product are high enough. The only thing Daihatsu should effort good is a management in Turkey. Maybe Daihatsu Japan should reevaluate the adequacy of the Turkish distributor. There are many great groups & holdings in Turkey which are interested in automotive industry and will appreciate the value of Daihatsu more. Please study the launch of Chery to Turkish market by a reliable group very carefully.

4 – Daihatsu car is expensive for Turkey:

Comment: People don’t often consider the price standalone; price with sales and aftersales service quality, maintanance cost or generally quality of car / price ratio is more meaningful. If Turkish people are persuaded about the quality of Daihatsu cars which we think of that it should be very easy because of present quality but not fullfilled due to mismanagement in Turkey, price will not be a problem even if JPY is overvalued (there are also many Japanese examples such as Toyota, Honda, Suzuki sell good in Turkey). Moreover, GDP per capita and purchasing power has been remarkably increasing in Turkey (one reason behind purchasing power is globally low interest rates for a few years though); many households in Turkey are now capable of buying car rather than 10 years ago.

In the light above, if Daihatsu Japan believes in Turkish market and acts accordingly, there is a potential for incredible growth and being permanent brand in Turkey which means there is no reason to worry about, but if not... We don’t prefer to think of “not”.

Happy new year for all Daihatsu. I wish all Daihatsu staff, distributors, dealers, customers and lovers the happiness, health and prosperity in 2011.

P.S. If you are not responsible, you are kindly requested to forward this letter to whom it may concern.

Many thanks in advance &
Best regards
Kullanıcı avatarı
Spica

Mesajlar: 26
Kayıt: 20 Nis 2010, 15:43
Marka: Daihatsu
Model: Sirion 2. Nesil

Re: Daihatsu Japonya'ya mektup

Mesajgönderen Umut-Gultekin » 30 Ara 2010, 01:01

Hi Spica,

Although it is definitely not place to answer to your letter, I am writing this short note to back you up on some points and clear up others.

I have been upset to Daihatsu Turkey for a long time, just like you are now. But in time, I come to realize few things and these are important points about the status quo of Daihatsu which shouldn't be missed.

1. People of Daihatsu Turkey are actually, very capable. They know what they are doing, they know the consequences of things before doing it because they are experienced.
  2. Daihatsu is a kei car maker. That's something only Daihatsu can change (I am not even sure it is even capable of changing its course without the consent of Toyota). Daihatsu has few export models which have all been imported by the local dealer. Turkish people saw, tested and walked away from the cars. Only few of us adapted the brand or its cars.
  3. Daihatsu is failing in a lot of markets all around the world, not just in Turkey. The reason for this failure is they are focusing more and more into domestic sales and the sales in Malaysia and Indonesia. Sales are getting even weaker while Japanese YEN gets stronger. That is also something no one can change.
  4. Daihatsu can't sell its cars for a cheaper price since their producing costs are not very competitive for markets other than the ones listed above. Other brands can sell their cars with more competitive price tags but, lets not make a mistake here, they could carry a Japanese brand but most of them (at least the ones with competitive prices) are not made in Japan.
  5. Daihatsu does not have a sedan model. This is a must in Turkish market.
  6. Daihatsu does not have diesel engines. This is the most important reason of why there are not hundreds of thousands of Daihatsus in our roads.
  7. Long story short, the people at Daihatsu Turkey are aware of the situation, so are the ones at ALJ, even the ones in Daihatsu Japan. There is nothing anybody can do.
  8. Despite these unfortunate conditions, our local distributor is still operational while the UK distributor has decided to freeze its imports and sales about a year ago.

I always thought that selling less than a thousand cars in an entire year must be a failure and therefore, somehow correctable in many ways, but it really is not.

They can advertise much more, yet they still can't sell as much as we or they would have liked because of the reasons listed above.

Let's say you spent millions of dollars into advertising and everyone on Turkey has learned that Daihatsu is a Japanese brand. What would this change?

I am now driving a car weighs more than 1200 kg with an automatic 6 speed gearbox equipped with an economy mode, powered by a 1300cc turbo diesel engine. The car has bigger interior than any Daihatsu model ever made, it has bigger trunk than any Daihatsu on the market. Its huge. On the other hand, its fuel consumption is much lower than the Cuore which weighs less than 800kg by the way. The car has any kind of safety equipment on board including 6 airbags, ASR and even ESP. This car is on sale for a price that is almost half of Terios's.

The car is made in Turkey. That is how all this possible.

Daihatsu sells great in Malaysia and Indonesia because it has manufacturing plants in the region. It is our only hope to see more Daihatsus on Turkish roads (I mean; production-here in Turkey). It is not even a hope, it is a dream shared also by the people at Daihatsu Turkey (ALJ).

Update: Daihatsu is working on a turbo charged diesel engine (TOPAZ 2CDDI-II). That could seriously affect the sales when/if released. The engine boasts 230 nm torque and produces 88 hp. This is better than my Multijet engine. Combine it with 900 kg of weight and a CVT transmission. Voila: Instant superstar.

This is pretty much the story of the sorry sales figures of Daihatsu Turkey.

I don't think they could have done a better job. I know this because I also know that even I couldn't do better, despite all this love for the Daihatsu brand.

I will continue to write, share and love all things Daihatsu.
Daihatsu Aşkına!
Kullanıcı avatarı
Umut-Gultekin
Daihatsu Freak

Mesajlar: 3035
Kayıt: 30 Mar 2007, 11:44
Konum: Büyükçekmece, Istanbul
Model: YRV Turbo

Mesajgönderen jadamaniac » 30 Ara 2010, 09:41

Her iki mektubu da okudum, sorun şu ki, Daihatsu sadece Türkiye de kan kaybeden bir marka değil, diğer birçok avrupa ülkesinde de konumları üç aşağı beş yukarı buradakiyle aynı. Peki firma sizce bunun farkında değilmi? pekala farkında fakat hem bu zamandan sonra daha fazla yatırım yapıp segment değiştirecek güçleri yok, hem de buna zaten artık ihtiyaç duymuyorlar çünkü arkalarında toyota gibi bir dünya devi mevcut, bir şekilde ama iyi ama kötü, toyotanın gölgesi altında varlıklarını sürdürmeye devam edecekler. Kei car kategorisi açıkcası bizimki gibi tüketim alışkanlığı olan ülkelerde ne yaparsanız yapın fazla rağbet görmez, bu Daihatsu nun değil, Daihatsunun üretim yaptığı segment in bir hastalığı, küçük arabalar güzeldir-pratiktir-ekonomiktir ama total de baktığınızda çoğu orta segment arabayla aynı fiyatta olduklarından 'lükse kaçarlar' 'tercih edilmezler', aynı paraya gidip daha kalitesiz ama daha çok işinizi görebilecek, daha kolay alınıp satılabilecek bir otomobil sahibi olabilirsiniz.
Nasıl bir ferrari, bir porsche, sadece spor otomobil üretip gerisine karışmıyor-varlığını bu şekilde sürdürmeyi yeğliyor ise, Daihatsu da seçimini Kei-car üretip satmaktan yana kullanıyor, diğer segmentlere açılsa daha başarılı olabilirmi? eskiden belki olabilirdi ama toyota bunu çok erken dönemlerde fark edip zaten 'durumu kontrol altına' aldı :)
jadamaniac

Mesajlar: 67
Kayıt: 30 Eki 2009, 16:03
Model: Copen

Mesajgönderen YağmurAdam » 30 Ara 2010, 09:54

Süpersiniz arkadaşlar. İkisini de keyifle okudum. Haftasonu Umut'la aynı konuyu konuşmuştuk.
Özellikle dizel olmadan bu is zor. Sedan adamların kültüründe yok ama eskiden yapmışlar belki yine yapabilirler.

Beklemedeyiz bakalım durum nasıl değişecek.
YağmurAdam

Mesajlar: 422
Kayıt: 23 Haz 2008, 15:33
Konum: İstanbul

Mesajgönderen Spica » 30 Ara 2010, 11:46

Merhaba Umut;

Yazdıklarımın bazılarını düzelten ve ayrıca ek bilgilerin yer aldığı, ders çıkaracakları çok önemli bilgiler vermişsin, teşekkür ederim. Takip edebilmeleri açısından forumumuzun ilgili sayfasını bildirebilir veya izin verirsen yazdıklarını doğrudan faks, e-mail yoluyla iletebilirim. Genel olarak Japon'ların hizmet kalitesi anlayışlarına ve disiplinlerine güvendiğim için konuyu önemseyeceklerini ve ilgileneceklerini umuyorum. Yapılacak bir şey olmasa bile en azından bilgi vereceklerdir diye düşünüyorum.
Kullanıcı avatarı
Spica

Mesajgönderen Umut-Gultekin » 30 Ara 2010, 12:13

Tabii, bu sayfanın adresini ya da içeriğini olduğu gibi iletebilirsin. Zaten birilerinin önünde sonunda bulup okuyacağına inandığım için sana olan cevabımı İngilizce yazmıştım ;)

Adres:
http://www.daihatsuaskina.com/forum/daihatsu-japonya-ya-mektup-t1727.html
Daihatsu Aşkına!
Kullanıcı avatarı
Umut-Gultekin
Daihatsu Freak

Mesajgönderen riogrande » 30 Ara 2010, 18:59

Daihatsuyu konuşurken aslında biraz japon gibi düşünmek gerekli.
japonya kültürü inanılmaz derecede bizimkinden farklı arkadaşlar tabii ki bunu biliyorsunuz.Ben japonya'ya 3-4 kere iş sebebiyle gittim,ve ortalama bir hafta kaldım.
japonlar içlerine kapanık,tamamen farklı bir dünyada yaşıyormuş gibi davranıyorlar.Çok daglık bir ülke pek büyük tarla felan yok.Bugday,arpa,mısır,soya fasulyesi gibi ürünleri dışardan almak zorundalar.Bu ürünlerin üretimi çok az.Ayrıca meyvede marketlerde 2 şer 4 er paketlerde satılıyor.Cogu filipinler,çinden veya endonezyadan geliyor.ekmek yeme gibi bir alışkanlıkları yok.Denizden ne çıkarsa yiyorlar.

Teknoloji ayrı bir yerde,orda adım başı büyük atari salonları var,içeride her yaştan insanı görebiliyorsunuz.Televizyonlarıda bir garip.Programları anlamak çok zor.Fakat aile yaşantıları bize çok benziyor.

yollarda avrupa arabalarını ender görüyorsunuz.toyota,honda,nissan var hep dogal olarak.ama bu markaların hepsinin ortak özelligi japonyadaki ürünlerinin avrupada sattıklarından çok farklı olması.

Daihatsu özellikle ufak,küçük araba liginde japonyada lider konumdaydı fakat son 2 senedir yollarda daihatsuların azaldıgını fark ettim yada ben farklı şehirlere gittigim için bana öyle geldi.Ne yazıkki
Daihatsunun şuanki politikasını değiştirecegini sanmıyorum.Daihatsuda diger japon markaları gibi japonyada farklı arabalar,avrupada farklı arabalar satmalıdır.
Kullanıcı avatarı
riogrande

Mesajlar: 154
Kayıt: 25 Ara 2009, 15:20
Model: Terios 1. Nesil

Mesajgönderen Spica » 31 Ara 2010, 11:07

Günaydın :)

İşim gereği Japonları uzun yıllardan beri yakından gözlemleme fırsatım oldu ve hala oluyor ama yine de kendimi tam olarak kendilerini anlamış sayamıyorum, tamam dediğim anda beklenmedik bir şey yaparak yine beni şaşırtıyorlar :) kesinlikle çok disiplinliler, kuralları kuraldır, genel olarak iş ahlaksızlığına tahammülleri yok, kurdukları iş süreçleri saat gibi işler, bir Japon (Amerika'lının tam tersine) kapalı bir kutu gibidir, her zaman duruşunda halinde hareketinde bir utanmışlık, tedirginlik sezersiniz. Geleneksel kültür, aile yapısı ve yaşayış olarak kendimizi bir yere koyacaksak Batı'dan çok Japonya'ya yakın olduğumuzu söyleyebilirim. Gelenekselden kastım örneğin büyüğe saygı, adap (mesela sofra adabı), iş ahlakı vs. Tabi bu ve benzeri değerlere sahip bütün kültürlerin her geçen gün erozyona uğradığını, hızla değiştiğini ne yazık ki kabul etmek gerek.

Türk otomobil kullanıcısının çoğunluğunu temsil eden sedan ve dizel profilini değiştirmek zor olsa da başka bir hedef kitle günden güne büyüyor ve pazar derinleşiyor: Şehirde yoğun trafik ve otopark imkansızlığına maruz kalıp, otomatik vites, küçük ve mümkünse dizel araç sahibi olmak isteyen kadınlar. Araba pazarına her gittiğimde bir sürü çift görüyorum, orada çiftlerden kadın olan için küçük, otomatik vites, az yakan, uygun fiyatlı bir araba bakıyorlar. Araçları neden Daihatsu olmasın? Daihatsu'ların ayrıca şöyle bir avantajı var; kadınların kullanması için uygun bir araç profili çiziyorken mesela Nissan'ın Micra modeli gibi bas bas ben kadın arabasıyım diye bağırıp erkekleri kendinden soğutmadığı gibi bilakis kendine has duruşu sebebiyle hem erkek hem kadınları kendine aşık edebiliyor.

Not: Umut, forumumuzun linkini, güncel tartışmayı açıklamalarıyla birlikte Daihatsu Japonya'da gerekli yerlere ilettim, yılbaşı nedeniyle tatilde olmalılar, umarım birileri forumu takip eder, bir şeyler söyler..
Kullanıcı avatarı
Spica

Mesajgönderen Umut-Gultekin » 31 Ara 2010, 21:57

Dizel motor kurtuluş olabilir. Onun dışında tek ümit Türkiye'de üretim. O da bu vergilerle pek mantıklı değil. Yine de her ikisinden de ümidi kesmemek lazım...
Daihatsu Aşkına!
Kullanıcı avatarı
Umut-Gultekin
Daihatsu Freak

Mesajgönderen argyle » 23 Tem 2011, 21:29

Cevap gelmedi herhalde.
O kadar uzun metni kimsenin okuyacağını zannetmiyorum, kaldı ki adamlar analizlerini yapmışlardır herhalde, pazardan öyle ha deyince çekilmeyeceklerine göre. Bence daha hayran kitlesini temsilen birşeyler yazılsaydı. Az miktarda araç getirip sadece İstanbul merkezde satmak gibi, sipariş üzerine araç getirmek gibi isteklerde bulunulsa.
Şahsen şunu da belirtmek isterim, yollarda her önünüze kıran öküzün altında Daihatsu görmektense böylesi daha iyi. O zaman sizin arabalarınızın ne özelliği kalacak beyler? Fiat gibi her yerde Daihatsu görünce, siz de tiksineceksiniz emin olun. Arabadan değil, her türden hanzoda sizin aracınızdan oluşundan.
Resim

Billy goat butt in a pepper patch
Kullanıcı avatarı
argyle

Mesajlar: 3979
Kayıt: 25 Şub 2011, 19:52
Model: Sirion 1. Nesil

Mesajgönderen argyle » 23 Tem 2011, 21:31

Ayrıca Spica'nın "iş ahlakı konusunda Japonlar'a benzeme" sözüne katılmıyorum, adamlarda onursuz olup intihar etme var, bizde :?: :!:
Resim

Billy goat butt in a pepper patch
Kullanıcı avatarı
argyle

Mesajlar: 3979
Kayıt: 25 Şub 2011, 19:52
Model: Sirion 1. Nesil

Dön Daihatsu'dan Haberler

Kimler çevrimiçi

Bu forumu gezen kullanıcılar: Hiç bir kayıtlı kullanıcı yok ve 0 misafir